• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Recent STOCK WATCH recommendation of insider trader

recent directors buying.

http://www.medicaldev.com.au

director has gone overseas to discuss for expansion opportunities.

--------------------

What does it do?

--------------------

Based in Melbourne, Medical Developments International designs, manufactures and distributes a wide range of equipment, products and devices in the anaesthetics, oxygen delivery, veterinary and asthma management fields. Its flagship product is a pre-hospital and emergency pain relief product which is widely used in Aus Ambulance services.

Medical Developments International owns a product, Methoxyflurane which is used in Australia in ambulance services, defence forces, extreme sports and use in hospitals is being trialled. This is an innovative product that has a potential to revolutionize emergency pain relief globally. This small device the size of a whistle replaces the need for large gas bottles and face masks. Its primary advantages are portability, ease of use, use en masse and minimal training required. Discussions are currently underway to see this product distributed to ambulance services and the military in New Zealand. There is potential for many global markets in areas of military, medical and ambulance.

-----------------------------

IMPORTANT POINTS:

----------------------------

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Company is currently trading profitably according to management

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Innovative product already in marketing stage

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Large potential upside

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ This stock will have to be regarded as a speculative investment

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

In reply to: Gameboy on Monday 01/11/04 03:24pm

Medical Developments International owns a product, Methoxyflurane which is used in Australia in ambulance services, defence forces, extreme sports and use in hospitals is being trialled. This is an innovative product that has a potential to revolutionize emergency pain relief globally.

bought 100k @70c earlier this year as I had used the product and it is the best pain killer. Get's people so high that it puts them in heaven. Experienced the product myself on a trip to hospital and then when I found out about MVP I thought this would have to be a world beater.

However, I learnt that Methoxyflurane had been discontinued as a painkiller overseas because it severely damages the liver. Also there are concerns about ambulance drivers suffering side effects. Consequently, I sold my shares. Sometimes ignorance may be bliss. Could have doubled my money.

But the manufacture of methoxyflurane has been discontinued because of possible litigation, and this does not augur well for prospective investors. Moreover the CEO engineered the floating of the stock to his advantage, that in the event there is a financial difficulty, he loses nothing. The float of the stock put him in profit and gave him 38million shares, or something like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Phew...time to blow the dust off this one.

Chart looking interesting. SP seems to have recovered following departure of CEO.

AGM was upbeat, with Penthrox sales to start shortly in the gulf states and further approvals pending, starting with Pakistan.

Recent announcement re securing the US vet licence from Schering-Plough very significant as the volumes that SP were selling prior to the product being withdrawn are a multiple of MVP current sales. Plant needs to be ticked by the FDA prior to first sales and that takes time.

Tide turning on the fundamentals and the chart I suspect.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

A useful presentation released to the market today.

Nothing earth shattering but does highlight the potential in new markets for Penthrox - most of which are far larger than their existing ambulance franchise. While the overseas mkts are the biggies, they also take time to work through the regulatory process. The Gulf States are on board and Pakistan is next cab off the rank.

Closer to home they are making progress in hospitals

Significant sales are expected in FY07
, dentistry and I know from the agm they are quite excited about plastic and cosmetic surgery.

It looks like they are making more of an effort to get the story out there after a bit of a false start two years ago. Profitable biotech with large potential in existing and new markets.

We can see the finishing line, but there are some hurdles between us and market
entry in some countries. The prize is worth the effort as the pharmaceutical markets
targeted are potentially vast.

..oh and chart looks to this FAer like it's well and truly in recovery mode.

Cheers