• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: rumpig on Monday 02/07/07 09:03pm

Or a horse's head in his bed...

No, seriously, you should first ascertain the facts. Maybe a genuine mistake has been made in which case the exercise of grace might be appropriate. Maybe there has been a mix-up in communication. Give the MD a call and be nice and polite and ask for the reasons why you have been dumped. It could be just the sort of mistake that you or I could quite easily make. Then, if they are being vengeful, give them hell - and the horse's head.

I still don't think it's worth it. I agree with OzeB - ascertain the facts and then if it transpires that there is no late payment, or something possibly illegal has been done, then by all means write a calm letter to the MD explaining the unprofessional and/or illegal behaviour of your former broker. It's probably your duty to alert management to these situations especially if the broker has breached the law.

And then move on.

If you really want a broker there's dozens out there. Take it as a blessing in disguise - it's forcing you to hunt around for the right adviser (the old one obviously wasn't).

Everything happens for a reason and this is your chance to open the next door.

Spartz.

P.S. Danville, your suggestion made me laugh. That would be a great article to see.

In reply to: spartz on Monday 02/07/07 11:26pm

late payment is a poor excuse for closing your account. I have avery good relationship with my brokers at times I may not have the dollars to cough up at T3, my broker knows it and I have extended many days past T3.

i think it's just sour grapes, but the defammation by the breach in privacy needs to be addressed.

My brokers also know that I do most of my stuff on line, it's a fact of life. End of the day your wallet will be better off.

QUOTE (jaded @ Monday 02/07/07 09:49pm)

I am not a lawyer - but if there was no late payment and he has acted falsely - there is no need to PM us... his name can be mentioned as he cant challenge you - you might however want to think carefully about the brokerage house as opposed to the individual etc as brokerage houses have deeper wallets and they might find one late payment from 1989

you might want to get legal advice before playing that game !

I don't think it's fair to blame the brokerage house as a whole until you've spoken to this chap's manager and given him the chance to rectify the wrong.

After that, by all means go for it. If you've not done wrong and you state it factually, you should have nothing to fear.

Don't let it slide. In life your name is all you've really got and reputations take a life to build and an instant to destroy. Protect your name above all.

In reply to: doctorj on Tuesday 03/07/07 01:09am

Thanks everyone, I had no idea this would create so much response. this guys manager is his best mate and he introduced him to his wife who is her best friend, I have already spoken to him and he tried to close me down straight away, that avenue wont work. I will let the dust settle before I contemplate any action for a few days, there have been some great suggestions and I have taken them all on board. Its funny though I think he is getting the occasssional margin call confused with late payment, and these are totally separate issues ( unless I stand to be corrected?) as soon as I told him I had opened an online acc I was going to use to trade he turned immediately, and I said to him that if you had a problem with my trading why didn't you say something, you were happy taking my money, now that wont be as frequent you are creating an issue for nothing, thats what puts my nose out of joint! Anyway I will post any further developments as they occur, cheers, s

In reply to: scorcher on Tuesday 03/07/07 07:51am

He sounds like my EX broker !

Pm me and I'll tell you if its the same guy ?

• 6 months later...

We all know by now that Commsec crashed today and CMC crashed last night.

What online trading Brokers HAVE NOT CRASHED today??

It's hard to imagine a more difficult day than today.

I'm curious as to which brokers have been able to provide a reliable continuous feed with no interruption in pricing or ability to place buy/sell orders. Does this broker exist???