Trader Dealer

ShareCafe

Hey Duster , Trade through First Prudential Markets and have an app for the i-phone for iress , all live ,can view and buy and sell etc,

I would assume this app would work for the i-pad also, maybe try the FP markets website and see if that works, good luck.

Cheers Radd.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Mate, accounts are all through The Adelaide bank and take a couple of days to settle, but you can trade

with ALL funds straight away when selling a stock, {thats what I`ve found anyways} hope this helps.

Cheers Radd.

Sorry and I`m sure they pay interest on deposited funds, but will look into it and let you know for sure, {there are small credits

on my accounts and I assume this is interest paid}.

Hey Duster, interest is paid on $$ in the account ,but I am unsure of the % have looked everywhere but there is no info

readily availible, and UBS is the settlement agent, good luck.

Cheers Radd.

Most brokers will happily settle via a CMA at Macquarie. For cash held, that account pays RBA Cash rate, calculated daily; and there's no account keeping fees.

Westpac also offer a Cash Investment account with the same conditions; for me, that has the added advantage of lower minimum brokerage ($19.95) plus bonus interest rates for frequent traders.

I only mention those two for the interest; I'm not interested in mobile computing or trading on the move.

When I'm on holidays, I don't want to think about shares; when I'm trading, I want the comfort and quiet environment of my office.

Hi Arty,

I do have a Macquarie CMA for settlement. The reason I asked is that although some of the headline charges for discount brokers sound good, there are often hidden factors which make them not so good. I'm not suggesting TD is in that catagory but larger sums of money sitting in a low interest bearing account so as to get cheap brokerage, far outweighs the benefit and it's not just a matter of transferring funds in after the trade, for as you know, most discount brokers want cleared funds in your trading account prior.

As far as mobile trading, I'm not a full time trader but like to keep an eye on the markets from wherever I am in the world. I travel a bit and think the iPad would be a great tool for me personally but unfortunately not possible as far as I know, although I did find something at Interactive Brokers

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/pagem...biletrading.php

Cheers,

Duster