Commonwealth Securities, Commsec

zzedzz

Hey all,

Has anyone else using comsuc's pro-trader 1 been unable to access it as of yesterday? When I try to log on I get "Status: Server Disconnected" Sheeeeiit.

Pro trader 2 seems completely useless. Can anyone else right click to amend or cancel an order? It doesn't seem to have this facility. Is anyone else finding that they can't bring up a daily chart, only intraday?

Very Frustrated http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/grrr.gif

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: NQBill on Wednesday 17/08/05 02:35pm

Yeah the right click amend on depth on the old protrader was handy having to go to the order window is a nuisance - They had some probs yesterday I thhink server wise but Protrade 1 still runs ok for me - thank god - because gotta go to it often when pt2 chucks the wobblys it seems to have - I have a like v hate relationship with pro 2 - usully leaning heavily to hate more often than not - but it does have some improved features chart wise but no explanation how to use them - i cant even figure how to delete a trend line once I've put one on - so it gets a bit busy and the helpdesk seem very unresponsive - probably defensive because they are sick of being swamped with emails pointing out its problems. Glad I make enough trades to get it free coz I would not pay for it

yeah I have both Comsec 2 and Comsec pro 1 running at the same time on the same computer.

Mainly for that same reason cuznkate, that comsec 2 doesn't have the amend option when you right click your trade.

I also don't like the fact that the VWAP is rounded to the nearest cent in comsec pro 2 (which is crap for trading the penny stocks) unless someone knows a way of changing the rounding?

I find that the only improvement to comsec 2 is the research and charting functions. Besides that for trading wise Comsec 1 beats it hands down.

Fred http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Hey lads,

Thanks for the replys. I still can't open pro1, so stuck with pro 2 for now. I'm overseas for another month and maybe that has something to do with it but it's been fine for the last 3 and a half months.

So NQBill, when I open an order window in pro2 my only options are to buy or sell, I don't get an option to amend or cancel!!??WHat the...! I am having to go to the commsuc website to do that. What a fkn joke. Also not getting any chart data to download (other than intraday). Also just a blank screen when I try to look at outstanding or executed orders. Maybe cos of OS but has anyone else encountered these problems and managed to solve them???

Thanks. cw

I know I'm not alone in disliking ProTrader 2 intensely. It's cumbersome, over-adorned with silly toolbars and icons that clutter it up, and you MUST install the insidious Microsoft's dotNet framework to run it. I did this when I tried PT2 and several of my other (non-Microsoft) apps promptly broke. I used GetRight to revert my system, and have been happily using ProTrader 1 again since then.

I was speaking to CommSec this afternoon (they've just done a mass emailing of PT2 CDs to all clients) and they now tell me they are going to turn off the PT1 servers - it will no longer run. He couldn't tell me when though. Bit like analog TV in a way...

In other words - no choice - go with PT2 or p*ss off!

Seems like a good reason to consider switching everything, account and all, over to eTrade.

Any comments?

In reply to: NightStalker on Thursday 25/08/05 05:28pm

Hey Nightstalker,

Oh no that is very bad news indeed. I am also totally unhappy with PT2. At the moment it hardly works for me. I can't get charts, I have to go to the archaic commsuc website to see my outstanding orders and also to amend them. No right click trading.......I just can't imagine what they were thinking when they developed this platform. And what surprises me even more is that they are heading in the direction you suggest! Surely they must have received a HUGE amount of dissatisfied feedback. Gads.

So I think I will also be pretty keen to move on to a more user friendly environment. What's the scoop on e-trade anyone? Are you etraders satisfied customers? How much do trades cost ?

Back in Oz in mid Sept, so guess PT1 will be just a vague distant memory. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif

• 1 month later...