Commonwealth Securities, Commsec

zzedzz

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Etrade's Power-etrade uses the Iress platform & if you make 10 trades per month it's FREE

My brother uses COMSUC's platform & it's cr@p!

I have been using Etrade for 2 years now & it has never gone down on me - Power-etrsade is blinding fast nomatter what your ISP & has great trading features http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/wub.gif

cheers

In reply to: Siameseparrot on Friday 27/05/05 07:24pm

however comsec has the web iress screen for those that were AOT clients, unfortunately existing and new comsec users don't get access to it. However trader dealer gives you web iress at a cost of approx $80/month....free with a certain number of trades.

Worth a go.

Below is a copy of the message that I posted under the Commsec/AOT thread.

I am not sure what Commsec is trying to achieve with the latest effort... its an unfriendly, almost unconfigurable and is a slow to update piece of rubbish.

I wish they would just use the Web Iress that they inherited with the AOT take-over, I have not seen anything yet that is better. I think Commsec are trying to re-invent the wheel, funny thing is though is that they themselves use Iress... the mind boggles.

Mike

Giday Doc

My account is ok at the moment.

Have you or anyone else tried the new Protrader 2.

I have had a play with it, not overly impressed, they are going in the right direction but its like pulling teeth, painful to watch.

The "Buy Volume" and "Sell Volume" columns only show values for ETO's, not for equities, they are essential columns in a watchlist in my opinion.

I rang them twice on Wed, got two different people and neither one of them had access to the new program and both seemed to have a problem understanding why i would need that info !!

This is the response i got today to an email I sent on Wed...

"The Buy and Sell Volume data is only available for Exchange Traded Options. I have raised the suggestion of having it for Equities with management who will review it."

Luckily the original Protrader still works !!!

Mike

Is there anything better than the iress system for traders (that's not a rhetorical question)? For serious traders making money the fees for iress systems, be it etrade, traderdealer, whoever shouldn't be a problem. I've been using the iress platform for over 6 months now and it hasn't sent me broke, in fact I calculate it into every trade. And as drarthur says if you're a more regular trader you only pay brokerage not data fees.

why should comsec try to reinvent the wheel, ... can you improve on a circle? Or why try to replace a round wheel with a square one??? They already have the AOT iress platform.

more wine anyone? http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

In reply to: kosmo on Saturday 28/05/05 01:24am

Protrader2 is crap. I attempted to use it for an hour and then dumped it. A backward step indeed. I went back to Protrader1. Surelt the CBA cant be serious?

I am in the process of opening an account with MAN financial for CFD's, I will be using Iress which will cost me $50 pcm.

I have used Protrader and Iress before, Iress was light years ahead of Protrader 1, if Pro 2 is worse, why would you bother ???????????

Maybe they own Paritech as well ??

No, they can't, Parietech's data is reliable, IF Commsec owned it we know what would happen

Macca

• 3 weeks later...

In reply to: kosmo on Saturday 28/05/05 01:24am

I must be a minority here... I like protrader 2. I now use both pro1 for instant data and pro2 for quick research etc.

Used Iress with HSBC for ages and so much preferred it over comsecs protrader, as I liked the charting and info better. But since the launch of pro 2 I've been using it, although I still have access to iress. I am finding the colours and format better with the protraders. The charting and company information on pro trader 2 is mainly what I like (ironically that's what made me an iress user for so long).