MQG - MACQUARIE GROUP LIMITED

ShareCafe

As i said 3 days ago - be carefull - I still rhink more bad news and lower levels any buying under $48-46 is bargin in this climate and sell low $50's keep doing this for the next 2 weeks and you will do well.

This wave up and down will last for months

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks bro, but I got in at $46 with $55 as a target & i'll wait it out.

Today's volume is much lower than the last 2 days with most trading nearer the day's highs. I am still bullish /shrug

$48.50 has the moving averages so that would be another potential bounce point "if" markets are down "big" tonight & early next week.

I thought the AGM meeting made it clear that MQG's profits are not affected by U.S sub prime loans?

The market is currently throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

The P/E ratio & yield on this stock is ridiculous.

It's only a matter of time until this stock moves up "big" & "quickly".

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Tinkus was spot on. People trading warrants have had numerous an opportunity to make 20-30% profit per day trading on this one. Charts say $55 on Monday, 2 weeks after my estimates. $66 is more likely than $49.50 on this stock. Trend break to the upside. MQG a winner for short term traders & long term traders alike(long).

MQG is like a machine, growth, year after year.

Sometimes people lose percentage of profits!!!! so their share price must fall from $90 to $50.

Every Company that increases profits 10 years in a row must halve in value when fannie & freddie experience difficulties with home loan borrowers.

MQG have no money invested with fannie or freddie only long term performers who outperform yearly.

Macquarie group the only Bullish commodity forecasters 5 years ago amongst the majors.

I have yet to see one MQG writedown.

It will be very difficuly for MQG to increase profits yet again for another year BUT,,

They are a hell of a lot cheaper now then 1 year ago (see the chart) & even further away from all time highs & why??

Bank's have underperformed lately in general . MQG is like a bank so people just bash the price down as if it was common scum?

P/E & Yield say's this company is the worst of the worst..

Unemployable can't get a job http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif

If profit's increase again this year then $100+ per share is a very real possibility over the next 12 months.

Why not???

A P/E of 16 at $100 per share & yield of 4% If!!!! MQG equal last years profits.

A 20% drop in profits for MQG year on year values this company at $75.

Oversold at $60 long term investors are buying in the $50 range.

5 year charts are devastating on anybody short this company.

Charts say up big time.

IMHO long term investors should get in now under $60 very heavy.

I got in at bout $58 cum dividend. Wish I worked that bit earlier and maybe got it at ~$55.

But with a $2 divi, it means I actually paid $56, and still got a $1 franking credit. So still works out I got in at ~$55....

I'm sure I'll look back in 3 years, and wonder why I didn't grab more at these values.

But the fact that MQG themselves are re-evaluating their model doesn't build upwards momentum, the dividend and yearly report will tell the truths.

Time will tell on this one........

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back into MQG today.

The price has has hit the bottom of the bollinger band & I am hoping it will all be up from here. Maybe one more fall tommorow?

No guts no glory eh?

A close above $50 tommorow would be just magic . Fingers crossed on a fall in oil tonight & big move up on the dow.

post-16-1219300298.gif