MQG - MACQUARIE GROUP LIMITED

ShareCafe

I also believe that MQG has good prospects, I'm just not sure what is fair value for the stock at the moment....but then again thats happening for most stocks now right?????

http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mqg has changed its dividend reinvestment plan.

No discount on shares bought through the DRP. The reason given is due to its strong capital base. What does this mean??? Am I right in guessing that MQG has enough cash in reserve not to require more cash from dividends???

In reply to: Petert20 on Monday 30/06/08 09:50pm

I see that point of view too. The directors feel the price is below actual value, and dont want to risk the devaluation of shares that occurs with new stock issues.

Another friend suggested that money could be tight and mqg is trying to limit the transaction costs that they would incur from DRP. But surely this is minimal.

• 3 weeks later...
MQG has broken to the upside of it's $45-$50 price range. It should now quickly rise to $55, with $65 a potential target over the next 2-3 weeks. $50 is support.

maybe but im betting that its going to rise to $55 then more bad news from usa in this week or next will bring this and all fin stock back to yesterdays prices. Its to quick this rise and to early be warned!!! http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/sadsmiley02.gif

I'd now put $52 as short term support. Resistance to $55 is looking minimal & overseas banks are looking positive in after hours trading.

My crystal Ball says $55 tommorow followed by small breather as shorts come into play with a push to $60 by the end of next week.

Longer term $80 by years end will not surprise me.

All fundamentals say this company is cheap, bargain buy.

post-16-1216871471.gif

Down like everyone else today /shrug

As long as $50 holds we are still looking good.

I expect a stabilization in u.s financials tonight with a push early next week.