MQG - MACQUARIE GROUP LIMITED

ShareCafe

Hi all,

I'm not a MQG holder, but have benn/am considering going long on them for some.

Can anyone help with their views on the debt side of MQG? I once heard that dividends were mostly paid from rising equity as opposed to cash generation.

All info appreciated thanks.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whats the call? Big day.

interest has been squeezing out many another highly geared vehicle.

cite the spectacular ABC-still learning, the new ghan railway, crosscity and lane cove tunnels,...

?

An engineered P&L , to firm things up, for some future raisings, positioning for a bleak day anon?

Own no losses till out of the woods,

its the only survival technique, ask BnB?

Its a bit too big a vehicle for us tiddly winkers on SS.c, freight trains and railway tracks and all that. More suited to the upmarket insiders for surviving such trading but an interesting cameo on the pulse of the markets..??

aoz

• 2 weeks later...
i dont know anything about its fundamentals, that is not my field, however on the chart it looks very sick, we now have a new short, medium and long term downtrend clearly intact after the recent short term rally, looks like it wants to test that bottom again at $43.40

post-16-1212062350.jpg

In reply to: frmthefuture on Thursday 29/05/08 09:59pm

Well well well,whatdya know,

Macquarie Group Limited launches $600 million convertible preference security offer
  28 May 2008

A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) was lodged today with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) for an offer to raise up to $600 million through the issue of up to 6.0 million Macquarie convertible preference securities (CPS) at an issue price of $100 each (Offer). The Offer forms part of Macquarie GroupÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s ongoing funding and capital management strategy.

from their website,

hmn

In reply to: Mags on Tuesday 03/06/08 07:42pm

I think they have some sort of takeover lined up. They still have $1.8Bn in cash reserve, an extra $600 mill could be what they need for a takeover while still convince the market that they have enough reserves?

In reply to: bisse2000 on Tuesday 03/06/08 09:59pm

Yes, this is what I understand is going on too.

But on the other hand its well known that MQG was paying dividends out of rising asset values as opposed to income and earnings, so its no surprise they have a slumping price given the goings on in the world.

In reply to: Mags on Wednesday 04/06/08 07:54pm

Mags,

I would put it to you that your comment is incorrect.

Not sure where you got that information from?

It is correct for their satelite vehicles...but not the group itself.

Kiril.

I hold.