MQG - MACQUARIE GROUP LIMITED

ShareCafe

There are not many posts regarding Fixed Interest and related investments on the forum.In the opinion of some,most SMSF do not have sufficient Fixed Interest Investments (I agree with this view).The long term returns of non sexy Fixed Interest are really quite good and such Investments have very low Volatility compared to Equities.Over the last couple of years there has been very serious money made with respect to capital gain in Bonds,so it is not all boring!

MQCPA..........this is a MQG Pref.share.Has fallen a little lately and at $102.50 is good value for the SMSF--IMO.There is a half yearly distribution of $5.50 (unfranked)coming up in 2 weeks.This equates to a yield of 11.2% which is fixed until June 2013. Wander down to the local WBC,NAB etc and try to do that deal!

Risks:MQG goes broke and there are insufficient funds left over to pay out the Pref. Shareholder.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

You did well, Wolver;

well ... assuming you held or got back in time.

I lost sight of it because I ploughed the smaller paddocks; and the next dividend is also some time ahead.

Today's Harami (if it persists) reminds me of the one on Feb 21st, so I won't buy either. Tempting to go short though...

post-20537-1332471323_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...