MQG - MACQUARIE GROUP LIMITED

ShareCafe

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys i bought a few shares for $38 in sept 2010 and sold at 40.50c on the 31st jan 2011

got a good div and made a bit on sale.

I have read that someone here was saying she was heading south and it looks like its happening.

Would you say between $33 to $35 would be a good re-entry

regards

• 3 months later...

Worth watching, i suspect something going on down here.

I bought Thurs close, held till 10mins into today and intended buying the gap-fill/Fri fade towards the close today.

The strange thing was the price was kept in an extremely tight range even though bank stocks moved around a bit.

Seemed like there were volume crossings which kept the VWAP artificially high. The question is, was it holding the market up to sell or down to buy.. I couldnt answer my own question so I stood aside until Tuesday when the answer may appear.

Nobody's watching this stock so no point asking here, but I find it interesting anyhow.

Cheers, M

• 1 month later...
Macquarie Group Ltd chief executive Nicholas Moore says a US debt default would hurt all parts of the investment bank's business."It's a disturbing possibility," he said in a media conference on Thursday before the company's annual general meeting. "It would have an impact on all our different businesses."

He said the main impact would come from a renewed slump in confidence among investors around the world. In fiscal 2011, 64 per cent of Macquarie's income came from overseas.

Mr Moore added that there was no certainty as to how negotiations in the US would work out. He also said that the company had not lost market share in it's home market of Australia.

Mr Moore was responding to a question which suggested that some analysts think the investment bank was losing market share. "I don't think we're going backwards," he said. He said the bigger issue was the decline in activity in investment markets in general.

now sub $28

The first impression I get is that of a falling knife: Try to catch it at your peril.

Every batch of recent "early warnings" that it might be about to turn the corner has been dashed.

On second glance, however, I seem to detect a channel, the bottom of which is sufficiently nearby to pay closer attention.

post-20537-1312345579_thumb.jpg

Maybe it still has to drop a little further - say to $25? But my channels aren't all that accurate, and if today were to close around $26, I'd buy a gap-up tomorrow on the basis of a Morning Star or Abandoned Baby candle. But up to and including today it's a no-go for me.

MQCPA..........this is a MQG Pref.share.Has fallen a little lately and at $102.50 is good value for the SMSF (well that's my opinion).Pays 11% fixed.It might even go up in value if long term rates fall:this latter is quite possible imo. Not as exciting as most of the stocks mentioned on this forum however unlike many of those,delisting is highly unlikely.

Purchased some this today and am standing in line for a few more.