MHM

ShareCafe

Hi mme

Yes I was very pleased with Fridays update and the recent signing of Mr Pugh.

The additional revenue that can be generated from Black Dross, the aluminium industry support and the potential for expansion into Canada were all very significant. And that is without mentioning the Aus ops which are finally coming together. The next quarter will be very telling IMO.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I agree. I think some are thinking that they will have figures quoted sometime back for the quarter just gone but this won't be the case imo. Current and 1st quarter 2012 will tell the story and I think by then the US and possibly Canadian signing will also have been done! Just a little patience required and hopefully a handsome reward forthcoming! :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

Pinched this from the other site. I'm assuming the authenticity is good given the poster on this site: :biggrin:

Posted on October 1, 2011

The newly appointed Mt. Pleasant Regional Planning Commission this afternoon have voted and approved the final plans for private monofill to house salt cake on land at the request of Tennessee Aluminum Processors and Smelter Service Corporation. This ends a 6 year controversey that has divided many of the citizens in Mt. Pleasant and has created a very strange political atmosphere.

The MPR has few details on the vote, but the vote was an approval for the final plans submitted to the commission. The Mt. Pleasant City Commission had approved the zoning and construction of the monofill in a vote of 3-2. The planning commission vote today was just to issue a final approval and review the finished plans, and permits were already approved by the State of Tennessee.

The newly elected, Mayor Maury Lee Colvett, assigned this new commission after the election August 3rd according to state statues. The Mayor did come underfire for the assignment of this new commission, but according to a poll conducted by the Mt. Pleasant Record, 59% to 33% of 335 voters participating agreed that the Mayor acted in good faith and broke no laws.

Page 7 of the annual report,

"MHMÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s proposal to bring closedloop salt slag and black dross recycling to the United States

has been met with overwhelming

support from every level of

government. MHMÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s business

brings investment and job

creation and will improve the

sustainability of the US aluminium

industry. Discussions have

centred on project support,

incentives and concessions and

a quantitative support package

will be finalised when MHM

determines plant location."

After reading pg 7 of the annual report, I look forward with great excitement.

"MHMÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s proposal to bring closedloop salt slag and black dross recycling to the United States

has been met with overwhelming

support from every level of

government. MHMÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s business

brings investment and job

creation and will improve the

sustainability of the US aluminium

industry. Discussions have

centred on project support,

incentives and concessions and

a quantitative support package

will be finalised when MHM

determines plant location."

• 2 weeks later...

Article last Friday in the Tasmanian Advocate by Chris PIPPOS headed

Supply talks hint at smelter

Can't scan the article or link it but I'll re write the first two sentences:

Recent inquiries have been made about wood supply for a potential $500 million silicon smelter in the North-West.

The Advocate understands two entities have made approaches in relation to potentially sourcing wood needed to make charcoal used for a silicon smelter.

Way I read the article it appears only a matter of time before this smelter comes to fruition!! My opinion only but the full article is very very interesting!!

:biggrin:

P.S. This stock imo will one day just come out with this announcement which has taken a back seat with it's main objectives of AL salt slag which is also looking huge!! Biased as I hold a fair few. :biggrin:

Hi mme,

I agree that the Silica project is a bit of a dark horse. All the attention is on the Salt Slag business in the US so any announcement about the Silica project could certainly surprise a few holders and investors waiting on the sidelines.

It has however been ongoing for a number of years so hopefully something happens soon. It would certainly be some nice "cream on top" on their salt slag business.

Hey there MME, sure is a great post... done some searching and found this info changed from 1/4 1 2012 to 1/4 4 2011 from a meeting of Alcoa in August... no doubt this is due to MHM`s ramp up to 24 hour production which is a very positive sign IMHO.

Cheers Radd. :biggrin:

Only a matter of time with this Company! :biggrin: Hope Magix 66 don't mind but it is a major comment from what we can assume is ALCOA!! This is big for MHM!

ALCOA minutes of the community consultation meeting held 12 October 2011

Meeting Objectives:

To discuss topics and issues relevant to AlcoaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s operations at Yennora and to communities in the local area.

4.9 Salt cake recycling process

Alreco is advising us that they would be commencing to process salt cake at a higher rate than production in Q4 2011. When Alreco stocks of semi-processed salt cake start reducing, Yennora can ship stored salt cake. This will be closely monitored by Victorian EPA.

Alreco has sourced an export opportunity for non metallic remainder after processing salt cake and extracting aluminium and salt from the salt cake. This will help achieve ZERO to landfill in the future.

Source:

http://alcoa.com/australia/en/pdf/yennora_...oct_12_2011.pdf