• 4 years later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi anyone interested.

This is a good story unfolding, their technology could help save the coalseam gas industry.

They have just formed a partnership with a major from Japan.

Their technology is being used by queensland gas at present, and they just secured a contract for $3 Million for

2 contracts in NSW, Purifying Air.

With the carbon tax about to take a strong hold in industry here, this company has the technology for them to go

leaps and bounds.

Please read their announcements, and make your own decision, meaning do your own research.

Cheers.

Simmo.

thanks for posting, simrose, and alerting others to this:

C
LQ
is a leading Australian clean technology business that focuses on providing solutions for the purification of air, water and mineral resources. The Company's technologies provide our customers with focused, fit-for-purpose solutions that are specifically targeted; minimize energy input and waste byproducts. Clean TeQ develops technologies in-house and partners with leading technology suppliers worldwide.

- Newly formed 50:50 JV for fast growing Australian coal seam gas water desalination market

- JV partner is Nippon Gas, an entrepreneurial Japanese $1b p.a. revenue gas supply company

- Innovative water treatment technology licensed into JV by Clean TeQ for A$4m

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢Produced water is an environmental problem associated with gas production from coal seams

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢Salt levels in produced water tends to limit its disposal and reuse

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢Associated Water has the exclusive licence from CLQ for desalination of water in the coal seam gas industry

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢Associated Water will build, own and operate mobile and modular water treatment plants to service this market (20,000 to 30,000 coal seam gas wells over the next 6 years)

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢CLQ is currently supplying two 2MLD treatment plants to Queensland Gas Company for produced water desalination

The water quality technology is interesting. Coal seam gas has water quality issues, with brackish water produced in large volumes. The backlash against huge ponds (to evaporate off) or, worse, discharge to inland rivers is contentious and in the news, an obvious protest point. As they say: Minimise the brine volume = Lowest cost

Their IP for water filtration

Continuous Ionic Filtration

High Recovery Reverse Osmosis

Ultraviolet Disinfection

their claim -> fewer steps = cheaper, by introducing a continuous ion filtration process.

The potential (total market):

Exploration ~ Assume 20,000 contaminated ponds will require remediation over 20+ yrs, each pond ca. 5,000kL

Field testing ~ Assume average 30 sites require water & brine treatment for 2 yr duration over 20+ yrs each plant 2,000kL/d

Gas production (hubs) ~ Assume 10 sites will require water & brine treatment for 20+ yrs, each plant 50,000kL/d.

- also announced enhanced contracts for landfill ground water remediation today

S/P up 10%today and from 4c to 14c in a few weeks

Hi Nipper.

This company has everything going for it Re the coal seam gas Industry, they hit a high of 18 Cents yesterday,

and they will only keep going up, with new contracts being won, the announcements are becoming regular.

I hope you got in when I posted, this won`t be a 10 bagger, it will be a multi 10 bagger.

Anyone reading this post, please read the companies ASX announcements, and you will see what I mean, they have

multible technologies.

PDYOR.

Cheers.

Simmo.

Yes, i did. :)

Always like leaping prices on leaping volume. (I noticed at 500K tranche went through in one hit yesterday - a fund taking a position?) And set for a good open today, I would think.

I just wonder how much of a 'moat' there is for the IP - as a mate said, it sounds like a dialysis machine for brine !!

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
The $900 million Syerston cobalt and nickel project in central west NSW will be in the spotlight at the world's biggest mining investment conference this week as billionaire mining explorer and promoter Robert Friedland talks up its ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚­potential to help feed accelerating electric vehicle demand.

Mr Friedland, the US-born, Canadian founder of Ivanhoe Mines, was the driving force behind the establishment of Rio Tinto's Oyu Tolgoi copper and gold mine in Mongolia and was last year appointed co-chairman of Melbourne-based Clean TeQ, which owns Syerston.

The renowned mining entrepreneur is now making the mine the focus of his famously infectious briefings, telling delegates at the African Mining Indaba conference in Cape Town that Syerston will be the first mine developed to exclusively supply the global lithium-ion battery industry with nickel and cobalt.

In slides lodged with the Australian stock exchange before the conference, Mr Friedland said lithium-iron batteries were essentially cobalt and nickel batteries, with the two elements making up about 20 per cent of the cost of the batteries ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ compared with about 4 per cent for lithium. "Syerston is uniquely positioned as one of the largest and highest-grade sources of cobalt outside Africa," Mr Friedland, who owns 19.35 per cent of Clean TeQ, said in the slides.

Cobalt prices are up 65 per cent this year and trading at a five-year high of $US37,500 a tonne on the back of their exposure to growth in battery demand. Yesterday, Clean TeQ shares rose 4c, or 6 per cent, to a fresh high of 72.5c, up 42 per cent for the year and giving the company a market value of $347m.

Syerston, about 50km northeast of Condoblin in the central west of NSW, will average 18,730 tonnes of nickel and 3222 tonnes of cobalt over its first 20 years, making its cobalt content a lot higher than what is traditionally found in nickel and cobalt deposits....

The Australian