USD

bailej03

Interesting animal to try and trade with only 155,000 share through to day---am I correct in assuming this ETF only started trading only 3 months ago.

Maybe best if management is asked to create a new subject since the specific code is USD.AX rather than the thread heading.---going to get very confusing.

As a matter of interest--how are you proposing to trade it--via the ASX.

post-20731-1305182378_thumb.jpg

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

B---what I was meaning is that if I had bought at 9.43 by today I would be up by 2.5%.

155,000 volume--how many trades today?

If the USD craters tonight, and there are no buyers tomorrow and I want to sell, what happens?

What I'm trying to get it with this miniscule volume is it worthwhile doing--or can you CFD it?

Can you short USD.AX?

Be interesting to see what happens to USD.AX tomrrow as the USD Index is up .25% right now and the AUD is trying to bottom--2nd chart

post-20731-1305192964_thumb.jpg

post-20731-1305193361_thumb.jpg

I understand the purpose of the fund is to track the AUD/USD cross rate.

Liquidity is provided by market makers. Their involvement is plainly visible on a dynamic platform like IRESS.

One downside is it only trades for 6 hours per day Monday to Fri whereas currency trading is 24/7. One could get caught out if a big move happened overnight.

If you're setup to short stocks, you can short Betashares ASX listed USD.

Going long Betashares ASX listed USD is a bet on the AUD weakening against the USD.

The PDS explains it all pretty well.

Going long Betashares ASX listed USD is a bet on the AUD weakening against the USD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seem's on the whole a one way bet--and it's not your way!

post-20731-1305200741_thumb.jpg

If you want to look at it long-term, there is indeed some indication that the AUD may well get to US$1.15.

(Fib 161.8% after retracement to 61.8%, for those that missed it.)

post-20537-1305211222_thumb.jpg

But as nothing goes up in straight lines, the reverse chart suggests the USD may well stage a little relief rally and approach the falling trendline from below. It will be interesting to see what happens when it does. The Bullish MACD Divergence has the potential to surprise us and make it not such a "one way bet" at all.

post-20537-1305211390_thumb.jpg

still, the USD, in AUD terms, seems to be strengthening.

post-20537-1305250966_thumb.jpg

A break of yesterday's High would suggest a target of 96.5c. For the Betashare, trading US$100 at a time, that would still leave a reasonable profit margin, even after brokerage.

post-20537-1305251308_thumb.jpg

Arty

I'm happy (and in front) with the direction so far

For the Betashare, trading US$100 at a time, that would still leave a reasonable profit margin, even after brokerage.

Not quite sure what you mean there. US$100 at a time ?