LOK

ShareCafe

The loss increased from last quarter. Why didn't you bold that. Here let me

Net loss for the first quarter of 2006, which includes $0.3 million of non-cash, share-based compensation charges, was $4.5 million, or $0.20 per share. This compares to net loss in the preceding quarter of $3.8 million, or $0.17 per share, which included a restructuring benefit of $0.6 million.

They expect another loss of about the same next quarter. How can you say that's a good result. They don't even look like breaking even anytime soon.

So what if revenue increased, if you can't make any profit.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (leppard @ Friday 05/05/06 07:12am)

leppard ......

On the 30th of december, (when LOK's shareprice was "SUB" $4.00pps) I posted here that it was a "steal" at what was a rediculously low mark. Yesterday, I was able to get some more @ $6.50cps and that is a rise in the SP value, of some 62.5% .....In a little over, 4 months!!

You continue to "knock", yet the share price value, continues to climb ..... I wonder why? Perhaps, and I say this as humbly as I possibly can, but perhaps it is possible that I may understand this business just a little "deeper" than you might do? Maybe?

Now I will remain in the queue for the remainer of my bid (@ $6.50cps) but wouldn't mind betting you, that I do not get these, when the market opens. Naturally, I hope that I do ......

There is a "big" picture here that will unfold in due course. Those that look a little deeper can see it clearly. They (I feel) are the lucky ones!! But hey, most of it has been written right here on this thread. It may not be expressed as well as I would like it to be, but I've given it my best shot, so to speak.

A very exciting future is ahead of Looksmart, but this is just my opinion and again, I respect you for yours.

Cheers Leppard.

http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

LC

In reply to: leppard on Friday 05/05/06 07:12am

Leppard,

You know what your problem is mate... It's your glasses! Have them changed to rose coloured ones and you'll see things much clearer.. lol

Seriously.. I agree with what you're saying.

At the current cash burn rate they'll probably only have just under two years left to turn it around. I'm probably being too generous with that two years.. Surely the NASDAQ listing must come into question when the cash on hand reaches a certain level. Then again they could do a capital raising or get Rupert to buy in..

Regards

Quik. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/lmaosmiley.gif

In reply to: quiktrade_1 on Friday 05/05/06 07:50am

So, LOK's shareprice has risen from sub $4.00pps a little over 4 months ago and yesterday I couldn't buy them for $6.50cps and you say I have it all wrong Quiktrade_1 ???

Perhaps we see things different in our investment stratergies?? Is that maybe, a possibility?? At this stage (and I do hope I get more on open @ $6.50cps, I doubt it though) I think you may need to have a second look at how you (yourself), judge a company.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=LOOK&t=1y&...=m&q=l&c=sot.ax

But only MHO, of course.

LC

QUOTE (LookingConfident @ Friday 05/05/06 08:43am)

You post its a 'steal' every day, you're bound to be right eventually.

It was a steal at $US2.40 (presplit), then at $1.70, 1.20, 1.00, 75c, 55c (you were right), then post split $US4.00, 5.00, 6.00 and now 5.26.

Please don't make me go through the history and pull out my predictions. Go through and look up the history on this thread. I think I called it down from $1.70 and said it was falling going to fall to book value and I think my last official post I said the technicals said it was going up, even though its not fundamentally sound.

Seriously, well done on being on this last rise. You're a braver man than me.

But for newbies there is not enough liquidity in the aussie market to buy (or sell) any quantity of shares that will make you a decent amount of money. They should pull the plug on the ASX listing. There is too much risk and too much slippage. You paint such a rosy picture but the road ahead (to profits) is still long and hard. Its just not the same as the old blue sky days, still looks very cloudy to me.

Best of luck and bye for now.

QUOTE (leppard @ Friday 05/05/06 08:40am)

< then post split $US4.00, 5.00, 6.00 and now 5.26 >

LOOK's shareprice value hasn't "HIT" $6.00pps, post split.

Congratulations on your predictions! Did you make much from them, on LOK? What you have done, is help people perhaps buy-in, at a lower price and I (for one) am ever grateful to you for doing so.

< You paint such a rosy picture but the road ahead (to profits) is still long and hard >

Hopefully, I can get some more this morning @ $6.50c and incidentally, the shares are equal in all sense, with LOOK in the US and can be transferred accordingly, Looksmart have pointed out.

Bye for now.

LC

LOK would be better closing down and using the cash to invest in a couple of gold mining compaies and create value for the shareholders.

A name change to LookGold and the SP would be up and away !

Unfortunately for the shareholders this won't happen.

In reply to: filament on Friday 05/05/06 09:56am

Are you serious? Or, is this just an idle comment? You may not have been reading this thread in it's full context, possibly? LOK has risen by 62.5% in the past 4 months or, so ......?????

LC

The loss contained in the report tells me that they are unable to create a high enough margin on their products.

For a company this is bad news.

The cash is better off elsewhere where it can be multiplied rather than whittled away.

You may well get some more shares for $6.50.