AVZ - AVZ MINERALS LIMITED

ShareCafe

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you referring to swami2 being the troll? I know swami2 from TS - he's no troll, IMHO. He's someone who digs deeper than most people. The twitter AVZ cheerleaders would like everyone to believe the article is his work Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It really doesn't matter who penned the piece - is there any truth to the allegations, that is the question.

I think Super Ninja needs to take credit for AVZ's past two TH/please explains - no one asked him to disclose information that the company had not made available to the market.

Companies with good projects don't need the kind of social media "promotion" we are seeing of late by so called company advisers - they let the project speak for itself. I personally steer clear of any company engaging - a big red flag IMHO.

Swami2@stockswami

Follow Follow @stockswami

More

I see that there is some conspiratist theory that I am the author or somehow connected to Echidna Equities.

I would be only to happy to claim credit for it, if it was true.

But don't worry about the messenger, all you $AVZ sh's..

Worry about the message

https://twitter.com/stockswami/status/987231341606350849

Might the author of this piece run into a few legal issues? Glaucus submitted their BLA research to ASIC prior to release, and followed their recommendation that the report be restricted from distribution in Australia due to AFSL "uncertainties" (however easily that safeguard was bypassed). While I'm not suggesting the content of the piece should be discredited, it seems to me the process sophistication/execution is lacking (a newly created blog with no discernible financial licencing?)

I'm not sure where they suppose getting borrow from either ("we would look at going short"); there's almost no physical borrow that I can find, nor any CFD DMA providers that I came across a while back. May have changed recently with the ETF addition in March?

Could do, but I'm no legal expert.

Not sure if his/her disclosure helps their cause? Note they are neither long/short thereby no profiting from this "opinion" piece - unlike activist shorters such as Glaucus (QIN/BLA) and Victroy (SYR/QIN) who admitted they were shor the stock which was the target of their "opinion" piecet, gave low SP targets and stood to make substantial gain if those targets were reached.

From Echidna's twitter a/c they appear to have asked ASIC to look into the concerns outlined in their opinion piece.

I recall when SYR referred Viceroy to ASIC they said ......

"The responses we received suggested unless we can prove beyond doubt that somebody has made a totally false statement with intent to damage the company, and prove who that person was, then there is very little we can do," he said.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/business/mining/syrah-a...5#ixzz5DORSDggu

I assume QIN/BLA were likewise advised, since no legal action was/has been taken against the authors of those pieces.

Time will tell what happens with this one.

Appears to be regarding AVZ's "paid" advertising feature in the AFR - unbelievable. What did this "paid" feature cost?

AVZ Minerals Ltd (ASX: AVZ) (ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“the CompanyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ) refers to your Query Letter dated 23 April 2018

and provides the following responses:

1. Please advise who wrote the Article.

The Article was written by the Australian Financial Review as part of a paid advertising

feature. The Article included comments from an interview with Mr Nigel Ferguson,

AVZÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Managing Director.

2. Did the board of directors of AVZ approve the contents of the Article?

The Article was approved by Mr Nigel Ferguson, AVZÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Managing Director.

3. Please explain the basis for Mr FergusonÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s statement that the Manono Project ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“is

the worldÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s largest undrilled lithium resource targetÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ. In responding to this question,

please address the requirements of clause 17 of the JORC Code and the fact that AVZ

has not yet defined a JORC Code compliant mineral resource estimate for the

Manono Project.

The statement made by Mr Nigel Ferguson referring to the Manono Project as being

the ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“worldÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s largest undrilled lithium resource targetÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ is based on the Manono

ProjectÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s stated exploration target in comparison to its peers. This comparison was

shown in the CompanyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s AGM Presentation and released on the ASX on 29 November

The exploration target for the Manono Project is between 1Bt to 1.2Bt of 1.25% to

1.5% Li2O, including between 300Mt and 400Mt of 1.25% to 1.5% Li2O for the Roche

Dure pegmatite alone.

The potential quantity and grade of the exploration target as stated above, is

conceptual in nature as there has been insufficient exploration to estimate a Mineral

Resource and it is uncertain if further exploration will result in the estimation of a

Mineral Resource.

4. Please confirm that AVZ has released an announcement which:

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Retracts any reference to potential mineral resources as being contrary to

the JORC Code, and includes a statement to the effect that investors should

not rely on that information for their investment decisions; and

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Clarifies that AVZ has previously released exploration targets in compliance

with clause 17 of the JORC Code, re-state those exploration targets with the

required cautionary statement, and cross reference the previous

announcements which disclose the exploration targets in compliance with

clause 17.

The Company confirmsthat an announcement has been released to the market, dated

23 April 2018, which addresses the above points.

The clarification mentioned in the above

23 April 2018

Clarification of Australian Financial Review article

On 23 April 2018, the Australian Financial Review printed an article (AFR Article) on AVZ

Minerals Limited (ASX: AVZ) which included some statements in relation to the exploration

target of the Manono Project located in the south of the Democratic Republic of Congo.

The AFR Article stated that AVZ will ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“focus on the Roche Dure pegmatite and hopes to drill

out somewhere between 300-400 million tonnes, and then work on infill drilling approximately

150-200 million tonnes of measured resources.ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ The Company would like to retract this

statement in reference to the 150-200 million tonnes of measured resources as this statement

is not in compliance with the JORC Code.

The AFR Article also stated that the Manono Project has a ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“potential total resource of between

1.25 to 1.5 billion tonnes and an average grading around 1.5 per cent lithium oxide.ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ This was

intended to refer to our exploration target of 1Bt to 1.2Bt of 1.25% to 1.5% Li2O. The Company

would like to retract this statement and the reference to a total resource of the Manono Project.

AVZ advises that investors should not rely on the above statements included in the AFR Article

as a basis for any investment decision about AVZ shares.

The Company would like to advise investors that it has previously made announcements to

the market in relation to an exploration target for the Manono Project on 12 September 2017

and, more recently, in its Quarterly Report for the period ending 31 March 2018 dated 13 April

2018. In these announcements the Company has stated that the exploration target for the

Manono Project is between 1Bt to 1.2Bt of 1.25% to 1.5% Li2O, including between 300Mt and

400Mt of 1.25% to 1.5% Li2O for the Roche Dure pegmatite alone.

The potential quantity and grade of the exploration target as stated, is conceptual in nature as

there has been insufficient exploration to estimate a Mineral Resource and it is uncertain if

further exploration will result in the estimation of a Mineral Resource.

• 2 weeks later...
Down another 9.52% today. Where's :ph34r: Super Ninja :ph34r: when AVZ needs him? He's gone very quiet lately - not a tweet out of him since April 11 - and the stock's SP has suffered accordingly. The AVZ faithful seem to need a daily dose of Ninja cheer leading :biggrin:

post-330173-1525170585_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...