• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.brr.com.au/site/images/partners/sharescene-logo.jpg

Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (21/12/2007 14:30:00):

AVZ - Positive Assay Results - Mr Andrew Gastevich, Exec Director

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Has come out of a TH with the annoucement - AVZ TO RAISE $15 MILLION TO FUND MANONO PROJECT - $13M to strategic investor Huayou Cobalt Group

Huayou is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt Co., Ltd. (Huayou Cobalt). Huayou

Cobalt is a Chinese company listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange with a market capitalisation of

approximately Y38 billion (~US$5.8 billion). Huayou CobaltÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s main business is nonferrous smelting of

cobalt, nickel and copper. Huayou Cobalt is the largest cobalt chemicals producer at present in

China. Huayou CobaltÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s products are used for Li-ion battery cathode material, high temperature and

cemented carbide, frits and glazes, rubber adhesive and petrochemical catalysts. Huayou Cobalt was

established in 2002 and is headquartered in Jiaxing, China. Huayou Cobalt also owns and operates a

number of copper and cobalt mines in the south of the DRC, exporting concentrates back to its

processing and refining facilities in China.

According to media reports - Washington Post investigation into child labor in DRC cobalt mines - >

The technology industry's cobalt problem was initially highlighted last year when the Washington Post published an investigation into Congo's artisanal cobalt supply chain. Like the Sky News report, the Post found dangerous working conditions and child labor.

The Post's report centered on a Chinese company, Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt Company, Congo's biggest cobalt buyer and an Apple supplier. The company buys minerals from some artisanal mines that employ children and have harsh working conditions, according to the report.

Market doesn't seem to mind, SP has been on the rise for a while and up 9% today @ 9.6c.

post-330173-1502329645_thumb.png

Hmmm - even more reason to be cautious - ramping tweet from this guy.

Michael Langford‏ @ML_SuperNinja 4h4 hours ago

More

On the #ASX will be selling all of my $PLS & moving to $AVZ. Will look to re-enter PLS in 9 months once mine commissioning is completed.

AVZ currently the SECOND most talked, I mean ramped, stock on HC.

The most talked is RAP - and we all know what they are talking about - most are licking their wounds on some serious losses.

Let's hope that AVZ doesn't become #1 for the same reason as RAP.

May the force be with you

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gets a mention here........ although I don't think I'd be buying into this stock, in this location, at this price, but then I could be wrong

Mad Scramble for Lithium Mines Stretches From Congo to Cornwall

By Thomas Wilson and Thomas Biesheuvel

25 October 2017, 10:00 GMT+11

A penny stock until a few months ago, the mining hopeful has surged about 1,500 percent this year. The proposition: recasting a remote, century-old tin mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo as a supplier of lithium needed to power electric cars.

While its rise has been dramatic, AVZ isnÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t alone in the rush to position for a rechargeable-battery boom. In the U.K., a company founded by former investment banker Jeremy Wrathall is planning to tap thermal springs in Cornwall, a region more famous for its beach coves. Other companies are hunting for lithium deposits from Germany to Mali, and even Afghanistan plans to tender exploration permits.

In Congo, AVZ must still prove that extracting the lithium is economically viable. It will also need to rehabilitate an old power station to reach production and build over 600 kilometers (372 miles) of roads to connect the mine with the regional capital of Lubumbashi for exports. Still the project is attracting investors, including ChinaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt Co., one of the worldÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s biggest refiners of cobalt.

"The biggest companies in China are just queuing up," AVZ Chairman Klaus Eckhof said from Dubai. "They all want to be part of it because they donÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t have a pipeline of supply, my phone keeps ringing."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...ngo-to-cornwall

post-330173-1508929197_thumb.png

Two lithium "experts" - two opinions on which way this one will go :) My money is on "expert" #1

Joe Lowry‏ @globallithium 9h9 hours ago

FYI: $AVZ will prove to be the ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“pet rockÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ of lithium. Hype now until it becomes obvious to all there are many better lower risk options.

Michael Langford‏ @ML_SuperNinja 9h9 hours ago

More

I want to see the maximum return & 25c too cheap. $AVZ is the "Saudi Arabia of #Lithium" & the most significant lithium asset on the planet.

post-330173-1509441952_thumb.png