Best Share Forum

krk004

In reply to: forrestgump on Tuesday 23/09/08 05:56pm

now now, gumpy.

don't be grumpy http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

It comes under the heading "appreciation", "acknowledgement", maybe even "prestige" and "thanks for a job well done".

A "gong" for Sharescene.com may not mean much for you personally, nor for many other contributors, readers, and visitors to these pages; but ...

think of the moderators, support staff, and backers who provide this facility.

It's neither cheap financially to run a website, nor does a Forum run by itself. It takes a lot of behind-the-scenes work to uphold a standard. Not just uninterrupted access - in over six months, I haven't yet witnessed a DoS message (touch wood); and that in itself is a small miracle. Then consider the always tactful guidance whenever a discussion threatens to get out of hand. Compare it to the unpleasant bunfights elsewhere that cause quality contributors to shun or ridicule "them" that don't keep an eye on civil behaviour.

It takes only one click to add another vote to the total "Thankyou" to all the nameless and faceless elves behind the scenes. IMO that makes it a no-brainer. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/hypocrite.gif

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (arty @ Tuesday 23/09/08 08:26pm)

G'day arty,

I certainly have appreciation for Sharescene and have personally expressed my appreciation multiple times.

As it happens I have even voted in the survey (once last year and twice this year http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif )

My point was only that:

1. It is very easy to rort the vote

2. This type of survey, whilst it asks one question actually answers a different one. The question here is "which is the best forum" but the results are actually answering "which forum can muster the most people to click a survey" or "which forum has the most people who are willing/able to rort the vote" or "which forum has the most people who give a .... about surveys", or ......

Of course, in the end, we vote with our feet. It is pretty clear where my feet are firmly planted.

• 1 year later...

Just voted, this is how it is going at the moment... :)

ShareScene................... 31%

Aussie Stock Forums...........18%

TopStocks........................ 14%

Chimes in Exile.................... 2%

HotCopper........................ 12%

Crazy Jim Smith.................. 4%

Incredible Charts................. 4%

Shares.com.au.................... 6%

SharesGuru........................ .0%

Traders & Investors Network. .4%

Yahoo! Finance................... 0%

InvestEd............................ 4%

OzeStock........................... 2%

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm normally just a lurker on this forum but for what it's worth there is a poll on "the bull.com" for the most popular forum, brokers etc.

SharesScene.com is polling about 25% of the vote so far.

Personally I don't give it much credence as they have not included Interactive Brokers and Bell Direct in their broker polls, anyway here is the link.

http://www.thebull.com.au/the_stockies_list.php?c=Forums

Theres already a topic for all this..... Best Share Forum, Vote for Forum Of The Year (2009)

I think youll find most people gave up on this poll last year when the forum that won, the same forum in the lead now, had posters (paid??) telling people to get their friends and family to vote.