Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by oldgolfer

  1. Oh Well, In hindsight it may have been better to leave the money in ANZ shares Mosiac . At least I.m back buying and selling a little bit these days. Still worried about October doldrums though.Not going in boots and all so mising a few oppotunities since April.
  2. Thanks for your comments Mosiac. Was hoping to get a new set of golf clubs out of the transition. I was in local NAB yesterday and there are no deposit or withdrawal slips on the counters. Do you have a card any card says the teller?. We just use that here. Oh we keep a few behind the counter She adds I suppose it makes sense and saves time. Bit of a shock to a dinasuar like me.
  3. Well The SPP closed and now we wait. Any rumours on how big if at all the scale back will be ? With banks around the world still not smelling of roses. Perhaps NAb will take the lot ??? I realise its capped at $750M . Can they not change that ?
  4. Hi Blue Ice Holders should be all right because I sold out around $38 Its a great LT share and I will buy back in after the dust settles. Of course expect a fall ex divvie; but Expect it will go over $40 soon well reasonably soon.
  5. Belted today; wonder should I buy more ???
  6. Hi Sabretooth, Still think it will run ? Doesnt shape up all that well today. Guess most everthing will be affected by the budget tonight too. Not sure that SBm follwing the gold price either.
  7. In reply to: oldgolfer on Friday 12/12/08 04:33pm Well Hungry and Macduffy , you have scared me off, trying to get out today at best price I can. Taking Duffy,s point that the 12 cent divvie will not hold up; so its less attractive if that happens in this nightmare of a market. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif
  8. In reply to: hungry on Friday 12/12/08 02:02pm Yeah Probably went in too early, but happy to hold these few , mm there is still a bit of trading before Xmas especially this year. Anything could happen as no life in the economies yet. Thanks for your view I must have bought just as you sold, perhaps I got yours. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif
  9. In reply to: hungry on Friday 12/12/08 08:29am Hi Hungry, Whats the graphs saying today? In this enviroment with a ff div of 12 cents on a share of a dollar or less, I also think old Sally Malay is good value. At the price today I took a few. All the best http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
  10. In reply to: Pessimist on Friday 05/12/08 09:16am Thanks Pess, I still hold; I guess IMC stands for its my calamity; I thought ANX was so small in value it wasnt worth selling; but its got a couple of mates now in my disaster this year. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif
  11. oldgolfer


    In reply to: crooky on Wednesday 12/11/08 06:32pm What Smashed us down today guys. Are we heading further south ? http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/grrr.gif
  12. In reply to: blueice on Monday 10/11/08 02:08pm Are existing shareholders being offered any $20 parcel/ ? http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/icon14.gifhttp://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/icon14.gif
  13. Its good for us early bird; sorry i didnt buy a litle parcel last friday to flog today but you cant win em all. Without any firm justification surely we will have one down day this week. Perhaps two with the Friday fears entering in to the picture. Not buying but its nice to see the holdings creep up this week http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif
  14. In reply to: early birds on Friday 17/10/08 02:34pm You make a good point EB; but sellers must think its going even lower. I,ve held for over10 years; but its getting back down towards what I paid then Without knowing I guess Monday could be an up day ; but wouldnt like to bet much on it; there is no logic out there, just sellers sellers sellers That divvy seems an eternity away in this market http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/sadsmiley02.gif
  15. Well ,its tanked below $22, this Monday boosted by the bravery of souls last Friday, i joined the roulette wheel with some reddies on NAB and exited during the week with a small sweet profit. Not going swimming this Friday though. What a mess http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/grrr.gif
  16. oldgolfer


    Guys I have my takeover documents but cant understand what will exactly happen to SGBPE . It says they will give us restitution and write advising on timing etc etc. Can we expect $100 per unit ?? They have held up at $98 -99 in recent times and we have had a couple of quarterly divvies, may even get another before the t,over occurs. I,m just hanging on to mine, but wont be impressed if this drags on and we have to wait for the money long after SGB is taken over Any comments appreciated I,m not sure whether to hold http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif
  17. I dip my lid to the buyers from last week including the big Kahuna; they took the risk and have their gain this morning. Are you staying in boys ? Cant believe its all over yet. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/ph34r.gifhttp://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif
  18. In reply to: flower on Friday 10/10/08 06:10pm Good point Flower, very hard to pick absolute bottom. This isnt market trading its casino gambling . You may do better backing the red on the roulette wheel and doubling up. The markets have opened up much lower And what happened to staying out on Friday, gee; you guys have goulies Good luck on Monday, I dont regret being heavily out http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/wub.gif
  19. In reply to: redpencil on Wednesday 13/08/08 03:34pm Hi red pencil, well our favourite continues to do well. I think i,ll take up my $5000 worth whatever the price, perhaps it,ll be a little discount most likely not 10% below trading halt price of $39 Bruce
  20. oldgolfer


    Thanks for all your words of sympathy guys, dont have a large holding so the losses not a calamity. Yes it could be a bit tricky at tax time trying to work out lossess or gains when one sells Pem or options or the new spinoff. Surely the co will provide a guide. Starting to think it might be time to start buying / selling again after a few months on the sidelines. Need some profits to buy a new set of golf clubs. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif
  21. oldgolfer


    In reply to: balance on Wednesday 26/03/08 10:46am not good for me Balance; bought shares at nearly double current price; didnt hold any PEM They fell a fair bit as well from memory. Its not been a happy three months; just made my first profitable trade with QBE Been not buying this year.
  22. thanks Dazmo, I guess good news travels fast, this is rather poor and slow to creep out and this sort of disaster is not what Anadis needs. Lets hope they get something out ofthe wreck http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/icon13.gif
  23. In reply to: Pessimist on Wednesday 06/02/08 09:42am Hi Pess, Now dont live up to your name. I thought they had enough dough so lets hope its good. One thing for sure I,m not going in a capital raising. Couldnt possibly be a good enough deal. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif
  24. Hi Pess, Just to letr you know you have one reader come sad investor in Anadis. It owes me so much money I have just let it rot in the bottom drawer; so any rise is nice.
  25. oldgolfer


    In reply to: Marsupial on Thursday 22/11/07 07:15pm Hi Marsupial, Hows your golf going ? I sold out 30% last time at $3.60 its stalled a couple of times at that; you say 30% premium for a willing sale but a premium to what price ??? I would be sad to not hold AWE its been on the portfolio for a long time ; back in the ozestock days I held ,think redned had them then too http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif
  • Create New...